If you are recovering from COVID-19 there is a weekly Peer Support Group that can provide you with help and support.
The Peer Support Group:
- Brings together people with shared experiences to support each other
- Provides a safe and confidential space where you will feel accepted and understood
- Treat everyone’s experiences as being equally important
- Involves both giving and receiving support and top tips
- Helps inform health and social care services about what support and services are needed for people living with the long term effects of COVID
“It is really good and as a person who does not usually join this sort of thing, but just listening to everyone and made me realise I am not on my own”
“I find it useful to speak to people who are recovering and in work no-one talks about it and as I live on my own, I can talk to other people on the group”
“Having this support group has helped allay my fears and talk to others who have had COVID-19”
“The resources you have shared have been invaluable”
The Peer Support Group currently meets online on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 7pm.
A WhatsApp group is also available for people to continue conversations throughout the week.
Expenses are available to support people to join the Peer Support Group online. If you are interested in joining the Peer Support Group please:
- Email Val at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Text 07702 668169
This Peer Support Group is open to people living in Greater Manchester.
Supporting your COVID-19 Recovery website is a good resource of support and information.
This Peer Support Group is facilitated by Manchester Health and Care Commissioning.